Sunday 8 April 2018

Brexitwatch: a letter to local councillors



If you want to stop Brexit, but you have a Labour or Conservative MP and/or local council, what can you do? This is a letter I have sent to my local councillors and the local council leader - with a similar one to my MP - in the run-up to the local elections. Feel free to use, adapt etc
Dear Councillors,
I am wondering who to vote for in the local elections.
Brexit will mean continuing austerity and the crippling of public services because of the way it will depress our economy and the government's tax take.
The evidence is now clear that any kind of Brexit will leave people poorer than if we stay in the EU. It is also plain that the Brexit people were conned into voting for cannot be delivered. The referendum vote was advisory and not binding on MPs. There is, therefore, no longer any excuse for proceeding with Brexit.
So I need to know what Labour is going to do to stop it.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,
John Withington

No comments:

Post a Comment