Friday 29 June 2018

Brexitwatch: deadlock at the latest EU summit


Once upon a time, this week's EU summit was hailed as a key milestone on the road to Brexit. In fact, it was yet another non-event. I have obtained a secret recording of the key moment in the talks:

Theresa May: 'Give me what I want or I'll halt all security co-operation between the UK and the EU.' 


The EU: 'But won't that make life more dangerous for the British people?'

Theresa May: 'F**k the British people!'


The EU. 'I see. So what do you want?'


Theresa May: 'Er.......'


Now we are told the UK government will be producing a White Paper 'in the coming weeks'. 


If ever there was a government in which no MP should have any confidence, it is surely this one, and yet our elected representatives just sit on their hands. No plan for Brexit, bent referendeum, Russian interference? 'Don't ask us, guv.'


What was it Oliver Cromwell said? 'You are no Parliament. I say you are no Parliament. You have sat too long for any good you have been doing. In the name of God, go!'


No comments:

Post a Comment